3 ways a virtual assistant can help with your social media content

Whether you LOVE or DREAD social media, there will probably come a time when you want to shift some of the work to a virtual assistant. Because great social media takes TIME (although my 4 Pillars of Great Social Media Content will make it as fast & painless as possible) and time is a precious resource for busy business owners like you and me!

I do NOT recommend outsourcing your entire social presence to a VA. (The days of handing the social media keys over to “an intern” are over: social media is the front line of your business and people want to genuinely connect with YOU.)

But there are 3 great ways a virtual assistant can help with your social media content that will make your life a lot easier and still make sure your social presence feels and sounds like you and your brand.

Watch the video for exactly how your VA can help with your social media (whether you want to free up 2 or 12 hours a month):

>> Here's the free 4 Pillars of Social Media Content training including the Brainstorming Guide and Stockpile Spreadsheet I mention in the video. (VAs: this spreadsheet could make your life SOO much easier if you do this kind of work for your clients, I promise!)

I'd love to hear from you

Do you have a virtual assistant helping you with your social media? How do you work together? If you are a VA, what are some ways you help your clients with their social media? Please share in the comments below so we can all learn from each other!

If you found this video helpful, I'd love if you could share it on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ using the buttons right below so other busy business owners (and VAs!) can benefit from the answer to this question!

, ,

16 Responses to 3 ways a virtual assistant can help with your social media content

1. Elizabeth August 22, 2014 at 00:00 #

Hey Jackie, this is really practical and helpful. I’ve been wondering exactly how I would work with a VA (and have been worried about it) but you make this so clear and do-able, thanks so much!

2. Emily August 22, 2014 at 00:37 #

Very well put, Jackie. And thank goodness the era of interns handling all of social has gone the way of the Dodo (although still a bummer about the Dodo).

• Jackie Johnstone August 23, 2014 at 10:17 #

Thank you, Emily! And yes, thank goodness interns no longer control social media accounts everywhere :)

3. Jackie August 22, 2014 at 02:31 #

Jackie, I love the videos. Such great tips, too. I was really hesitant about handing of social media stuff to a VA, so I loved your tiered recommendations. Thanks!

• Jackie Johnstone August 23, 2014 at 10:18 #

Thanks Jackie :) Appreciate the kind words about my video debut and I hope this helps you work with a VA seamlessly!

4. Anna August 22, 2014 at 21:55 #

Great video Jackie, and I’d absolutely love to hand my SM over to a VA. Question is, where do I get a good VA from? Any recommendations?

• Jackie Johnstone August 23, 2014 at 10:20 #

Hey Anna! Good to see you here :) I don’t have any VA recommendations off the top of my head BUT I would suggest asking around to other biz friends and in business Facebook groups.

5. Love the vid :) You’re a great speaker.

I’ve had a social media manager at one point for my blog, but have not gotten to the point of needing a VA yet for my new business (this one). This video is super helpful, very practical – thank you! Tweeted this also :) xx

6. Jennifer S September 3, 2014 at 05:34 #

Wow! I loved this video and I love the resources you’ve provided on your site (this is my first time here). I’ll definitely be utilizing the four pillars and when it’s time to hire some help for my social media, I’ll be putting the tips in this video to good use. Thanks so much for sharing!

7. jackie September 3, 2014 at 12:20 #

Hi Jackie – useful and lovely video. I am wondering how to choose a good Virtual assistant ? are there any webites you would suggest?

8. Josh Coffy September 9, 2014 at 23:06 #

Wow, Jackie!

I’ve never heard of you, but I love your website and content already.

I hired a VA for 5-10 hours a week starting out and over the last 10 months, I’ve trained her to become a full-time social marketer & advertiser on my team.

Great video!

-Josh

9. Sundae Schneider-Bean September 1, 2015 at 19:09 #

This is EXACTLY what I was looking for right now. Thank you!

10. Mariane April 8, 2016 at 02:12 #

Very useful and informative video, Jackie. Giving ideas on how VAs can help in social media accounts is always a plus for me as this is something I always wanted to learn. Great work!

11. Anupam Rajey January 23, 2017 at 14:25 #

Hey Jackie,

I just downloaded the guide and the spreadsheet – Very Helpful!
    I guess with a style guide and the instructions, a social media virtual assistant can take on few more tasks like.
    1. Tracking brand mentions
    2. Replying to comments and engaging audiences
    3. Keeping an eye on the competitor’s strategy
    4. Ask questions, run polls, and events.
    Hope you liked my suggestions. And I’m just sharing this video on my social network.

• Jackie Johnstone January 24, 2017 at 14:19 #

Those are great suggestions, Anupam! Thanks for sharing :)