Webinars have been HUGE for my business: I doubled my list in 3 months with just 3 webinars. I earned my first client waiting list and filled my group program thanks to webinars. And business partnerships, invitations to be a guest teacher and requests to be interviewed on podcasts have all come out of doing webinars. So to say I'm a big fan is an understatement :)

But I'm going to go out on a limb here (not really) and guess that you've seen people rave about how amazing webinars or free calls are for their business before — but you haven't done one yet because you don't think you're ready. Amiright?

Well here's the truth (including the actual number of people I had on my list when I ran my first webinar and how that worked out!).

Watch the video for the 3 questions to ask yourself to figure out if you're ready to run a successful webinar:

>> Want someone to break it down into manageable steps, help you figure out the tech and give you support and accountability so you can actually get your webinar DONE already (and make it successful)? That's exactly what I do for you in my Get Your Webinar Done service!

I'd love to hear from you

Have you done a webinar before? Was it a success? If you've been hesitating, what's holding you back? Please share in the comments below — I'd love to help you in any way I can.

If you found this video helpful, I'd love if you could share it on Facebook, Twitter or Google+ using the buttons right below so other business owners wondering if they are ready to do a webinar can benefit from the answer to this question!

Get Your Webinar Done: start-to-finish support for a webinar to connect with your community, build your list and attract clients

I have two slots left at the special introductory rate. If you want to do a webinar in October, I'd love to help you knock it out of the park!

Run your webinar like a pro!

Everything you need to do to create, promote and execute a successful webinar -- in one Master Checklist:

• Webinar Content: how to share your info
  • Copywriting & Creation: how to sell it
  • Technology To-dos: how to pull it off
  • Promotion Schedule: how to to FILL it!

12 Responses to How big should your list be to run a successful webinar? (3 questions to figure out if you’re ready)

1. Kathryn Brown September 18, 2014 at 19:17 #

Thank you Jackie — I love your perspective about not waiting until your list is a certain size before doing a webinar! That was so refreshing to hear and makes me want to do one *NOW*!

• Jackie Johnstone September 18, 2014 at 19:19 #

Ooh, Kathryn DO IT!! Seriously, it is crazy how big of difference it’ll make in your business — even when you are still small :)

2. Becky September 18, 2014 at 19:56 #

I love this post, Jackie! I love the catch 22 that so many of us find ourselves in: I’ll do a live call when my list is bigger….but it will take a long time without doing a live call.

My list is still small but I’m planning my second live call soon!

I love all the resources on your site, Jackie – thanks so much for encouraging me to stop waiting until my list is bigger and get working on making it bigger!

3. Elizabeth September 18, 2014 at 20:09 #

Great post Jackie, thank you!

4. Siedah Mitchum Designs September 18, 2014 at 22:12 #

Awesome video Jackie! Videos are my Thursday blog topic and you introducing a new service through your video led me to your service page. Video is so powerful! I am absolutely scared to do my first webinar. I know I need to just suck it up and do it. lol :)

5. Stacey September 19, 2014 at 04:05 #

Great post Jackie! I haven’t done a webinar before and have been wanting to do one but wasn’t quite sure if I had anything I could offer that would be sort after. I’m not entirely sure I know how to find that information out to be honest! Will have to work that out sooner or later as my business coach has me lined up to do at least one :)

6. Keizra September 19, 2014 at 05:41 #

Awesome video! This is something I’ve been wondering about lately! Now to plan the content…I’ll admit that I’m terrified!

7. Cathy September 19, 2014 at 05:55 #

I keep doing webinars with other people because I’m afraid no one will show up! This is really great!!

8. Devon September 20, 2014 at 00:53 #

Woohoo! Loved this video Jackie – if I had any doubts after our chat (though, I didn’t…) they’d be loooooong gone after this pep talk. Merci!

What is it they say… if you’re not doing something that scares you, you’re not pushing yourself far enough?

• Jackie Johnstone February 8, 2015 at 15:50 #

YES! And I loved seeing you jump right in and tackle a 3-part series this month as your first taste — way to really go for it :)

9. Kathy Pine January 30, 2015 at 04:04 #

I did my first webinar with about 30 people on my list! I just decided to go for it. Get the first time fears done. I had about 40 more people subscribe to my list just for the webinar! I don’t know if I was prepared as I could’ve been but it was great to pull it all off and get over the fear. I am now running my online program I promoted in the webinar, so I haven’t done another. I suppose I’ll likely do one again next time the course is open again though – glad to find you as a resource for this kind of stuff!

• Jackie Johnstone February 8, 2015 at 15:48 #

Yay Kathy!! Way to jump right in and get over those first-time jitters :) And you doubled list so *HIGH FIVE*! Happy to help!